DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 11:58:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
My husband is in need for oral surgery. He has been suffering with 4 abcess teeth for a long time now. The dentist can't prescribe any more antibiotics due to the fact this needs to be addressed immediately. I would like to try to submit to our medical insurance. The oral surgeon simply says it's not covered. Being that it will total around $25k, I want to atleast try. Below is an outline of the procedures to be performed by the oral surgeon:

Two-stage osseousintegrated implant surgery
-Missing tooth(#21) with shrinkage of bone
-Surgical extraction of 10 teeth
-2 minor bone graft (area #3 & #4)
-Alveoloplasty (bone removal and preparation)
-implant in the area of #4, #7, #10, & #13
-implant prosthetic and lab costs per implant
-iv sedation with steroid treatment

My husband had a lot of dental work around 2004. This was due to him participating in martial arts from a young age. He has a bridge in his upper left back, so if it was removed, he'd basically have no teeth to chew.
Any help with guiding the oral surgeon office to submit charges to insurance as well as proving this is a medical necessity would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks So Much!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 4, 2020 12:30:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: It was marked 'informative' instead of 'question.'

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply