DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 3:51:11 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
My claim for fully impacted wisdom teeth extraction was paid when my oral surgeon submitted it to my medical insurance company Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield. However the payment for two codes were not paid and said to be my responsibility: D9610 and D9612. Is there a cross code that would be accepted? Can the two codes be billed on the same day? Thank you for your help.
courtneydsnow
#2 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 4:14:50 PM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Guest!

D9610 - therapeutic parenteral drug, single administration
can be cross coded to:
96374 - Therapeutic, prophylactic, or diagnostic injection (specify substance or drug); intravenous push, single or initial substance/drug

D9612 - therapeutic parenteral drugs, two or more administrations, different medications
can be crosscoded to:
96372 - Therapeutic, prophylactic, or diagnostic injection (specify substance or drug); subcutaneous or intramuscular
or
96373 - Therapeutic, prophylactic, or diagnostic injection (specify substance or drug); intra-arterial

Some insurers may consider these included in the reimbursement for the primary service

Hope this helps!
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:59:35 AM(UTC)

Thank you. For D9612 - it's kind of crazy because it's going to cost me $212! The whole procedure (wisdom tooth extraction) is only 534.80 so just on principal I'm bothered by the cost of this simple injection (almost half of the whole thing!).

Will this work for Cigna DPPO? Do I just ask the nurse if she can cross code to the other codes you mentioned?

#4 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2022 12:13:59 PM(UTC)

Hi,
My wisdom tooth extraction cost estimate shows that Code 9610 and my insurance plan does not have the code and the other cross codes mentioned by @courtney. Also there is one D9999 that is Unspec Adjunticv which is not recognized by my plan. Do they mean they are not covered by my insurance plan? My insurance plant is DELTACare Dental (Delta Dental)
Thank you in advance,
courtneydsnow
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 8:06:40 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Guest!

D9610 stands for: therapeutic parenteral drug, single administration

Our forte here at Nierman Practice Management is medical billing from the dental practice setting, so we don't deal with dental insurance, however i think I found some information on this:
It looks like Delta Dental lists this code as "Benefits are denied unless covered by group/individual contract"

Hope this helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply