DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:47:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I need help filing D7230 and D7240. I have CPT 41899 and diagn code K01.1. Do I need HCPCS? If so what are they? Also where do I find if and what modifier I use? I attended class with Rose prior. Why was there no widsom tooth cheat sheat????????? THanks
courtneydsnow
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:44:55 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Guest!

You got - there is not currently a CPT code to represent extractions, so you can either bill the "D" code on the medical claim (many insurers these days will process "D" codes when they are medically necessary services), or you can try the CPT code below and include a narrative report describing the procedure:
41899 - Unlisted procedure, dentoalveolar structures

Additionally, it can be helpful to use the "ZZ" qualifier and "JP" qualifier as well, in the supplemental information (the red shaded line above the white line that is usually left blank in field 24j of the claim form). The "ZZ" qualifier means "narrative description to follow", and you can enter the “JP” qualifier to indicate the tooth numbers for the extractions: for example, if you extracted teeth 1, 16, 17, and 32, it would look like this:
ZZ extractions JP1 16 17 32

There are no HCPCS codes (equipment codes) related to extractions that I am aware of, just the ICD (diagnosis) and CPT (procedure) codes.
Also, there is no standard modifier I am aware of to use for this either.

Hope this helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply