DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
ModelMomCA
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2024 4:54:09 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Happy Saturday, Everyone!

I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your weekend.

I'm writing this post because I've been suffering from extreme rapid tooth decay since I was 6 years old. No matter how much I brush and take care of my teeth, I always end up with so many cavities.

Years later I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Sjogren's Syndrome. These all seem to be playing a part in my very rapid tooth decay.

To date every tooth in my mouth has had some type of work done to it, and over the past 3-4 years I've had to have root canalled teeth pulled to the point that I only have 6 teeth on the bottom that span from the front middle two teeth backward, and on the top I've had 5 teeth pulled.

I have a pop in retainer with teeth added, but it's so painful and damaging to my gums when I attempt to eat, however I don't really have a choice in wearing it because otherwise I have no way to chew my food.

I see a Prosdontist who has leveled with me in that it makes no sense in having any more root canals done because they all end up becoming cavity ridden and needing to be pulled a short time later.

At this rate, I'm not eating the way I need to because I don't have the teeth to do so, and when I wear the retainer its very painful.

I've been advised that full implants would be my best bet, however when I called to ask my health insurance about coverage, I was told they couldn't tell me the amount they'd pay until the procedure was completed.

I know that there have been circumstances where my medical insurance (Anthem Blue Cross) has covered my oral surgery (having teeth pulled) before.

So, I'm hoping that you might be able to help me with the codes needed for my oral surgeon's office as well as my Prosdontist to use in order to have my medical insurance cover my full implants, so I can properly eat again.

Both of my providers are willing to submit whatever I need in order to have my medical cover my full implants because my case is is so dire.

Any help you can provide, would deeply appreciated and life saving for me :)

Please stay safe, and I hope to hear from you soon,
ModelMomCA

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply