DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:44:04 PM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

30600 - Repair fistula; oronasal

J32.0 - Chronic maxillary sinusitis
G50.1 - Atypical facial pain

For the appeal, you will want to be sure to include your SOAP notes/clinical notes that shows the medical necessity. Patient medical history, your doctor's exam/procedure notes, the diagnosis and treatment plan information should all be included.

You may also consider to include in your appeal using the following diagnosis code to represent the oronasal fistula:
M25.18 - Fistula, other specified site

Hope this helps!

Guest Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:18:08 AM(UTC)

30600 (Oroantral fistula closure) was denied by medical because dental services are not processed under patients plan. Initially the medical insurance Paid $961.36 but reviewed the claim and now almost 4 months later is asking for a refund of the $961.36. I used diagnosis codes of J32.0 and G50.1. I called the medical insurance and they said I would need to file an appeal to prove medical necessity and it could be reversed. Im new to billing medical and we are an Oral Surgery office. Any help would be greatly appreciated.