DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:03:28 PM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

I am not aware of any rules that insurers must process "D" codes when a direct crosscode is not available. Some medical insurers will accept codes like 41899 for services that do not have a direct crosscode available. 41899 stands for: Unlisted procedure, dentoalveolar structures

...and the explanation of the service the code is being used to represent can be provided in a narrative report, and/or by using the ZZ qualifier with a short narrative description in the supplemental information (the red shaded line that is typically left blank) on the claim form on the the line items in field 24j.

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:02:58 PM(UTC)

Is it correct that if there is not a CPT than the company has to default to the CDT code?
If so do you have any documentation to support this for my appeal?
If you could be email me at cobalt@cobaltdentalcare.com I would really appreciate it.