DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:42:54 PM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

Yes you are correct, here is a link to some additional informationo on the QMB program:
https://www.cms.gov/Medicare-Medicaid-Coordination/Medicare-and-Medicaid-Coordination/Medicare-Medicaid-Coordination-Office/QMB.html

It is stated: "Medicare providers and suppliers may not bill people in the QMB program for Medicare deductibles, coinsurance, or copays, but state Medicaid programs may pay for those costs."

It is my understanding that as a Medicare provider/supplier you are required to submit the claim for any services rendered, but I am not quite sure about your ability to accept the patient or not. I would think there would probably be some type of language in Medicare policy indicating that you cannot accept or not accept patients based on reimbursement rates, but I could be mistaken, I have been unable to find any language to confirm or deny this in my searches today.

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:23:31 PM(UTC)

Hi, it is my understanding that under QMB, I can not charge the patient any copays or deductibles. Considering the already low reimbursements for OAT.... making one under QMB, the reimbursement is likely lower than my cost to provide the treatment. I am a medicare non participating provider, do I have to treat this patient?