How to Build a Successful Sleep Medicine Practice
This acclaimed 2-day seminar gives your practice the opportunity to learn how to successfully implement dental sleep medicine from the industry’s leading experts and educators.
Designed for the dentist and their team, our sleep implementation series has helped over 3,000 dental practitioners grow their practice and save patient’s lives. In addition, the resources and support provided ensures every participant receives the individual attention required to succeed in their DSM role in your practice.
Discover why so many practices are praising this as a must-have seminar in their dental sleep medicine education.
“I have been to numerous courses & several academic meetings. This was by far the most informative & helpful. I finally feel I can begin helping those patients who need dental appliances & get paid for it. Thank your for helping clear the mystery of sleep medicine reimbursement. - Dr. David Sadler (SIDSM seminar, Palm Beach Gardens 2014)
This Course Covers:
- The science and terminology of sleep, obstructive sleep apnea, and dental sleep medicine.
- The treatment protocol – from screening patients to the follow-up visits, integrating the workflow into your practice.
- Collaborating with the sleep medicine community – sleep lab and physician referral building.
- Reading and interpreting sleep studies, how to handle each type of result.
- Making a great impression: Hands-on bite registration techniques.
- Choosing the right oral appliance for each patient.
- Marketing strategies to become known in your community and increase patient base.
- Successfully billing medical insurance for oral appliance therapy.
- The plan for putting it all together – a thorough guide for implementation.
The KEY to a successful dental sleep medicine practice is taking a real-world approach that goes beyond theory. The clinical aspect is commonly regarded as the easiest part of implementation. Beyond that, you must be willing to develop a medical model for your practice, put yourself out there in the sleep community, make connections and not give up after one attempt.
Our course empowers you to handle these scenarios from a position of confidence rather than fear. Our hands-on and role-playing sessions are designed to walk you through the most common roadblocks practices have when getting going. You and your team will feel prepared to organize as a cohesive team, integrate the workflow, and communicate with medical insurance, physicians, and patients in order to establish a successful dental sleep medicine program.
What Sets This Course Apart:
- Learn from Dental Sleep Medicine Industry Leaders: Our faculty members know the keys to building a successful dental sleep medicine & TMD practice in North America. They include Diplomates, past presidents, and board members of the major organizations of dental sleep medicine, are respected for their innovative scientific contributions, and are passionate about guiding and mentoring practices to succeed in implementing Dental Sleep Medicine.
- Real-World Focus: Success and speed of implementation of any new service is highly dependent on each team members’ motivation and understanding of their role. Our courses are crafted to effectively train each key member of the practice, throughout all stages of implementation.
- Hands on training with oral appliances
- Hands on training with home sleep testing units
- Invaluable knowledge and case examples of real successes
- Insider view of integrating with the medical community to obtain and retain referral sources
- Sleep Supply Kit Including Your Own Custom Appliance: Learning through your own appliance is extremely valuable for aspiring and seasoned Dental Sleep Professionals alike, as you are able to share your personal experiences with your patients. Order the Sleep Supply Kit for a unique opportunity to experience the oral appliance delivery process of industry experts first hand and to save on essential DSM resources!
*Register a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course to allow the laboratory proper time to fabricate and ship the appliance to the course. If you are not able to register 4 weeks prior, you can have your appliance delivered to your office after the course.
- Sleep Supply Kit: $395 (up to $700 value)
- Custom Appliance (choose ResMed Narval, EMA, Map T, Herbst or Dorsal Device)
- 2 QuickSplint™ Devices
- George Gauge
- Bite forks
- Bite registration material
- Neck Tape Measure
- Sample Patient Sleep Questionnaire Forms
- Sample Sleep Patient Exam Forms
- Medical Claim Forms (CMS 1500 02/12)
- Ongoing Implementation Resources: Gain access to an ongoing support network, ready to assist with all aspects of implementing dental sleep medicine.
- Extensive course manual prepared by industry experts
- Implementation Guide and Checklist to keep your Plan on Track
- Access to the NPM Education Team as an Ongoing Support Network
Each course includes a special in-depth session on an intriguing topic that the speaker has expertise in, allowing the participants to get an inside look into these subjects that aren't usually covered in such detail.
16 CE Credits Available
- $1295 – 1st Attendee
- $795 – Team Member
- $2295 - Dentist + 2 Team Members
This seminar is part of an NPM Education Path
. Select the Path Checkbox when registering for this seminar and secure reduced pricing.
PACEProgram Provider FAGD/MAGD
Credit Approval does not imply
acceptance bya state of provincial
board of dentistry or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2012 to 7/31/2016
Nierman Practice Management is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Nierman Practice Management designates this activity for 16 continuing education credits.
Refund and Cancellation Policies: Cancellations are to be made in writing. All paid registration fees will be refunded at 100% for cancellations received 14 days prior to start of course. An assessment fee of $250.00 will be taken for cancellations received after this time. This course provider reserves the right to cancel a course or to provide a substitute instructor if conditions warrant. All registration fees will be returned if the course is cancelled.